Ukraine PTO to Serve as ISA, IPEA under PCT
On September 26, the State Intellectual Property Service of Ukraine and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) signed an agreement under which the State Intellectual Property Service of Ukraine will serve as an International Searching Authority (ISA) and International Preliminary Examining Authority (IPEA) under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).
The agreement was signed at WIPO’s headquarters in Geneva. The implementation details are still being finalized and the start date will be announced soon.
In recent years, there has been an increase in the number of the PCT applications in Ukraine. In 2012, the State Intellectual Property Service of Ukraine received about 5,000 patent applications, 40 percent of which were filed under the PCT. The increase in numbers continued in 2013, confirming an active role of Ukraine in the sphere of international patenting.
Prepared by: Maya Kryvoshei
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: State Intellectual Property Service of Ukraine
October 2013 News
- EPO Launches Russian-English Translations, Russia PTO to Use CPC System
- Lithuania PTO, EPO Agree to Simplify Patent Prosecution for Lithuanian Inventors
- Ukraine PTO to Serve as ISA, IPEA under PCT
- Global Innovation Index 2013: Croatia Climbs Five Places
- Bulgarian PTO to Launch Electronic Filing of Trademark Applications
- AmCham Macedonia Launches Anti-Counterfeiting Campaign
- Slovakia: Draft Amendments to Customs Legislation Foresee Donation of Seized Counterfeits without Trademark Owner’s Consent
- Czech Customs Seize 200,000 Anti-Impotence Pills
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Children’s Clothes