Kyrgyz Authorities Seize 100,000 Bottles of Counterfeit Alcohol, Close Illegal Factory
In the first four months of 2013, the Kyrgyz authorities conducted inspections of 619 companies, which resulted in the discovery and seizure of 102,700 bottles of counterfeit alcoholic beverages, worth approximately EUR 120,000 (USD 155,000).
The Kyrgyz authorities also discovered an illegal alcohol production factory, which they have shut down.
The inspections revealed 60 different types of violations. The authorities gathered evidence for the opening of 17 criminal cases and submitted the evidence to the State Service for Commercial Crime Control for further investigation.
Prepared by: Masa Lopicic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Kyrgyz news agency 24.kg
May 2013 News
- New Kosovo Law on Consumer Protection Introduces Provisions on Comparative and Misleading Advertising
- Lithuania Ratifies Singapore Treaty
- Red Bull Wins Trade Dress Lawsuit against Albanian Competitor
- Dior Victorious in Opposition against Bulgarian Resident
- USTR Special 301 Report Names Ukraine Worst IPR Offender
- Armenian Disc Sellers Allowed to Sell Old Discs Without Holograms Despite Recent Government Decision
- Albanian Copyright Office Fines Two Companies for Unauthorized Software Use
- Kyrgyz Authorities Seize 100,000 Bottles of Counterfeit Alcohol, Close Illegal Factory
- Polish Police Bust Laundry Powder Counterfeiters
- Czech Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 2 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel