Japan Launches Patent Prosecution Highway with Poland, EAPO
Japan has recently launched the Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) program with Poland and the Eurasian Patent Office (EAPO), whose member states are the Russian Federation, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Belarus, Azerbaijan and Armenia.
This has brought the number of Japan’s PPH partners to 25.
Under the PPH, the patent applicants whose applications have been determined as patentable by one patent office can request an accelerated examination of the corresponding applications in another patent office.
As global patent filings continue to increase, this program helps participating countries to accelerate the patent-granting procedure and avoid duplication of work.
Prepared by: Masa Lopicic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Japan Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry; EAPO
March 2013 News
- Bulgarian PTO Rules in Favor of Serbian Chips Producer in Trademark Opposition Case against Macedonian Competitor
- McDonald's "Chicken Bacon" Trademark Rejected in Russia
- Japan Launches Patent Prosecution Highway with Poland, EAPO
- Ukraine Gets Cyrillic Domain
- Polish Artists Protest against Copyright Law Amendments
- Romanian PTO Joins Seniority Project
- Turkmenistan to Establish State Service of Intellectual Property
- Macedonian Customs Seize Spare Motorcycle Parts, Apparel, Sneakers, Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Sneakers, Apparel