Romanian PTO Joins Seniority Project
The Romanian PTO has recently implemented the Seniority Project, a joint project between the Office of Harmonization for the Internal Market (OHIM) and the PTOs of member states.
The PTOs of Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Sweden, the Slovak Republic, Bulgaria, Benelux, Slovenia, Ireland, Hungary, Portugal and the Czech Republic have all so far implemented the project.
Having accurate seniority data is important for Community trademark (CTM) owners who have previously registered an identical mark, in an EU member state, which has been surrendered or allowed to lapse.
A seniority claim allows CTM owners to continue having the same rights, within all member states, which they would have had if the earlier trademark had continued to be valid.
The project aims to establish links among the seniority data in the national and Community databases and make this information accessible online.
Prepared by: Simona Dragoi
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: OHIM; Romanian PTO
March 2013 News
- Bulgarian PTO Rules in Favor of Serbian Chips Producer in Trademark Opposition Case against Macedonian Competitor
- McDonald's "Chicken Bacon" Trademark Rejected in Russia
- Japan Launches Patent Prosecution Highway with Poland, EAPO
- Ukraine Gets Cyrillic Domain
- Polish Artists Protest against Copyright Law Amendments
- Romanian PTO Joins Seniority Project
- Turkmenistan to Establish State Service of Intellectual Property
- Macedonian Customs Seize Spare Motorcycle Parts, Apparel, Sneakers, Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Sneakers, Apparel