Turkmenistan to Establish State Service of Intellectual Property
The Ministry of Economy and Development of Turkmenistan is in the process of transforming its existing Patent Department into the State Service of Intellectual Property, which will operate under the same ministry.
In addition to the patent department, the State Service of Intellectual Property will also include the copyright protection department and the plant variety protection department.
The new Service will help improve the IP protection system in the country and bring it in line with international standards.
The number of employees and the work efficiency will increase, speeding up the application process and the publication of the official IP gazettes.
Work is currently being done on recruiting the staff and selecting a new office space. The Service is expected to start operating within the next three months.
By: Taras Kulbaba
For more information, please contact Taras Kulbaba at our Belgium office.
March 2013 News
- Bulgarian PTO Rules in Favor of Serbian Chips Producer in Trademark Opposition Case against Macedonian Competitor
- McDonald's "Chicken Bacon" Trademark Rejected in Russia
- Japan Launches Patent Prosecution Highway with Poland, EAPO
- Ukraine Gets Cyrillic Domain
- Polish Artists Protest against Copyright Law Amendments
- Romanian PTO Joins Seniority Project
- Turkmenistan to Establish State Service of Intellectual Property
- Macedonian Customs Seize Spare Motorcycle Parts, Apparel, Sneakers, Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Sneakers, Apparel