Kosovo Adopts Strategy to Combat Counterfeiting and Piracy
On October 4, 2012, the Kosovo government adopted the national strategy for combating counterfeited and pirated products for the 2012-2016 period, drafted by the Copyright and Related Rights Office in cooperation with other local institutions responsible for the enforcement of intellectual property rights.
The strategy aims to create mechanisms for combating counterfeiting and piracy and by doing so help improve Kosovo’s image and economy.
The strategy defines the objectives to be reached during the 2012-2016 period, the most important of which are to:
- Reduce piracy and counterfeiting;
- Improve the productivity of the creative industry;
- Identify the main causes of increase in piracy and counterfeiting;
- Fight against the informal economy and create favorable conditions for foreign investments;
- Enhance international and national inter-institutional cooperation;
- Achieve European standards.
The strategy also foresees the establishment of a task force, whose mission will be to:
- Promote effective cooperation between public authorities and social and economic organizations in the field of copyright protection;
- Ensure and coordinate the implementation of the strategy and the action plan against counterfeiting and piracy;
- Develop and implement public awareness programs and campaigns;
- Prepare and deliver proposals for drafting legislation related to copyright enforcement.
Prepared by: Jelena Jankovic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: The text of the strategy
October 2012 News
- Russian Businessman Registers Tymoshenko Braid Lollipop Trademark
- Russian Appellate Court Overturns Previous Decisions against SKYY Spirits
- Slovenia to Amend Copyright Law
- Slovenian Pumpkin Seed Oil Gets GI Status Despite Austria’s Objections
- Kosovo Adopts Strategy to Combat Counterfeiting and Piracy
- EC Commends Serbia’s Progress in IP Area
- Ukraine Opposes Logo-Free Cigarette Packaging
- Albanian Customs Seize, Destroy Counterfeit Sneakers, Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 0.5 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Speakers, Apparel, Perfumes
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear, Eaux de Toilette
- Kyrgyzstan to Join Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus Customs Union
- Serbian Customs Introduces Electronic Submission of IPR Protection Requests
- Romania Fights Software Piracy
- Czech IPO and USPTO Launch Pilot Patent Prosecution Highway Program
- Hungarian and Korean IPOs Sign Patent Prosecution Highway Agreement
- Ukraine Bans Tobacco Advertising
- OHIM Brings Videoconferencing to Slovak PTO