Romanian Customs Seize EUR 0.5 M Worth of Counterfeits
In the period September 12 — October 10, the Romanian customs officials seized schoolbags, towels and underwear believed to be counterfeit, valued at approximately EUR 500,000 (USD 660,000).
The seized goods include 23,800 schoolbags bearing Disney, Hello Kitty and Angry Birds marks, 7,164 towels bearing the Versace mark and 16,800 pairs of children’s underwear bearing Thomas & Friends, Angry Birds, Transformers, Winx Club, Strawberry Shortcake and SpongeBob marks.
The seizures were made at the port of Constanta, eastern Romania. The goods originated in China and were intended for the Romanian market.
Prepared by: Simona Dragoi
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Romanian Customs
October 2012 News
- Russian Businessman Registers Tymoshenko Braid Lollipop Trademark
- Russian Appellate Court Overturns Previous Decisions against SKYY Spirits
- Slovenia to Amend Copyright Law
- Slovenian Pumpkin Seed Oil Gets GI Status Despite Austria’s Objections
- Kosovo Adopts Strategy to Combat Counterfeiting and Piracy
- EC Commends Serbia’s Progress in IP Area
- Ukraine Opposes Logo-Free Cigarette Packaging
- Albanian Customs Seize, Destroy Counterfeit Sneakers, Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 0.5 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Speakers, Apparel, Perfumes
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear, Eaux de Toilette
- Kyrgyzstan to Join Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus Customs Union
- Serbian Customs Introduces Electronic Submission of IPR Protection Requests
- Romania Fights Software Piracy
- Czech IPO and USPTO Launch Pilot Patent Prosecution Highway Program
- Hungarian and Korean IPOs Sign Patent Prosecution Highway Agreement
- Ukraine Bans Tobacco Advertising
- OHIM Brings Videoconferencing to Slovak PTO