Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, DC Polo, UGG, Lego, Puma, Nike Counterfeits
The Romanian customs officials seized a considerable quantity of goods believed to be counterfeit during their regular controls at the beginning of this month.
On November 2, the officials seized 9,920 clothing items and 1,051 pairs of shoes bearing the marks of Adidas, Puma, Nike and Lacoste. The goods were discovered in a storehouse in the capital of Bucharest and are worth approximately EUR 100,000 (USD 135,683).
On November 3, the officials at the port of Constanta, southeastern Romania, seized 6,192 pieces of underwear bearing the logo DC Polo, 1,600 pairs of boots bearing the UGG mark and 114 toys bearing the mark of Lego. The goods, worth approximately EUR 213,000 (USD 289,000), were discovered in a container originating in China and were intended for the Romanian and Moldovan markets.
For more information, please contact Marius Ciobanasu at our Romania office.
Source: Romanian Customs
November 2011 News
- Kosovo Patent Granting Procedure Update
- Rospatent Appeals Moscow Court Decision in 'Putin-Medvedev' Vodka Trademark Case
- Lithuania Accedes to Patent Law Treaty
- Domain Names Containing Apostrophe Successfully Operating in Ukraine
- Slovenian Customs Seize EUR 5.5 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Razors, Eaux de Toilette, Batteries
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, DC Polo, UGG, Lego, Puma, Nike Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Watches, Bags
- Serbian Customs and JTI Join Forces against Illegal Cigarette Trade
- National IP Council Established in Kosovo
- Russia’s IP Commitments in WTO Accession