National IP Council Established in Kosovo
The State Intellectual Property Council has recently been formed in Kosovo, following the Kosovo IPO’s initiative. The Council aims to increase cooperation and coordination among all institutions and stakeholders involved in the implementation of IP rights in Kosovo.
Isa Dukaj, head of the Industrial Property Office at the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI), within which the Kosovo IPO operates, has been appointed Chairman of the Council.
The Council’s board members include representatives of various institutions including the Kosovo IPO, the Copyright Office, Kosovo Customs, Department of Economic Crimes and Corruption within the Kosovo Police, Market Inspectorate, the Judicial Council, the Prosecution Council, the Medicines Agency, Veterinary and Food Agency and the Environmental Protection Agency.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Kosovo’s Ministry of Trade and Industry website
Read more news on Kosovo (UNSCR 1244) or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
November 2011 News
- Kosovo Patent Granting Procedure Update
- Rospatent Appeals Moscow Court Decision in 'Putin-Medvedev' Vodka Trademark Case
- Lithuania Accedes to Patent Law Treaty
- Domain Names Containing Apostrophe Successfully Operating in Ukraine
- Slovenian Customs Seize EUR 5.5 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Razors, Eaux de Toilette, Batteries
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, DC Polo, UGG, Lego, Puma, Nike Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Watches, Bags
- Serbian Customs and JTI Join Forces against Illegal Cigarette Trade
- National IP Council Established in Kosovo
- Russia’s IP Commitments in WTO Accession