New Bosnian Draft Laws up for Public Discussion
A public discussion on the Draft Law on Copyrights and Related Rights and the Draft Law on the Collective Management of Copyrights and Related Rights was held in the national assembly in Sarajevo, Bosnia on March 3, 2010.
The event gathered intellectual property attorneys, legal experts, government officials, associations and agencies for protection of copyright and other interested parties.
The current law on copyrights and related rights, which entered into force in April 2002, is not harmonized with the relevant EU legislation and is only partly harmonized with the TRIPS Agreement (Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights). The two new laws will be harmonized with the EU regulations and international convention and treaties.
The experts agreed that the collective management of copyrights and related rights is not sufficiently regulated under the current law and that it would be better regulated by a separate law.
For more information, please contact Alma Vilic in our Bosnia and Herzegovina office.
March 2010 News
- New Law on Geographical Indications in Serbia
- Extension of European Patents to Montenegro via Euro-PCT Route
- Romania Ratifies Amendments to Law on Trademarks and Geographical Indications
- Bulgaria Adopts Draft Law Amending the Law on Marks and Geographical Indications
- New Trademark, Industrial Design and Copyright Laws in Serbia Explained
- New Bosnian Draft Laws up for Public Discussion
- Albania Accedes to European Patent Convention and Patent Law Treaty
- Russia Closes Top File-Sharing Website Torrents.ru
- .RU Domain Registration Policy Change as of April 1, 2010
- .YU Domain Officially Expires in Serbia
- Russian Retailer Registers Wal-Rus Trademark Ahead of Wal-Mart Arrival
- Romanian Rock Band Legal Case Could Set Important Precedent
- CISAC Urges Serbian Public Broadcaster to Respect Copyright Law
- Half of Russia’s Cell Phones Counterfeit or Contraband
- WIPO Rules Against Estonian Student in Domain Name Dispute
- More than 300 Personal Names with .ME Extension Auctioned Online
- USAID and Microsoft Unite in Fighting Software Piracy in Azerbaijan
- USD 62,000 Worth of Pirated Disks Seized from Ukrainian Shop
- Macedonia Hosts WCO European Heads of Customs Conference
- Conference on Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan Customs Union
- Number of Seized Counterfeit Goods in Romania Triples in 2009 Compared to 2008
- Romanian Customs Seize Burberry, Disney, Armani, Nike, Boss Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Mobile Phones
- Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Soccer Shoes with Euro 2012 Logo
- Serbia and Ukraine Ink Customs Cooperation Agreement
- Macedonia Ratifies Three International IP Agreements
- Switzerland Helps Serbia Improve System of Protection of Geographical Indications
- Slovakia and Ukraine Accede to Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- Consultation Meetings on Albanian Draft IP Strategy
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Pensan Global Pens
- Kyrgyzstan Leader in Harmonizing National with International IP Standards
- Moldovan PTO and EPO Cooperating to Develop Effective IP System
- Serbian IP Gazette Now in Electronic Form