Moldovan PTO and EPO Cooperating to Develop Effective IP System
On February 8, 2010, Moldovan State Agency for Intellectual Property (AGEPI) delegation signed a cooperation program for 2010–2011 with European Patent Office (EPO), inviting the two institutions to further develop the field of industrial property in Moldova.
One of the main goals of the cooperation is to harmonize national legislation with international and European patent regulations and to strengthen institutional capacities of the Moldovan IPO.
The program will also ensure continuity in joint projects that have already begun, specifically regarding the strengthening of the national patent system. Moldova intends to rebuild its system on best practices used by other EPO member states and train its specialists accordingly.
On a different subject, a consortium formed by the Romanian PTO (OSIM) and the Danish Patent and Trademark Office (DKPTO) has recently won the bid for the project organized by the Delegation of the European Commission to Moldova, aiming to support implementation and enforcement of intellectual property rights in the Republic of Moldova.
The beneficiaries are the Moldovan State Agency for Intellectual Property (AGEPI), The Ministry of Justice, The Ministry of Internal Affairs, The Ministry of Economy and Commerce and the Customs Service. The bid was open to all EU member states.
Source: Moldovan and Romanian IPOs
March 2010 News
- New Law on Geographical Indications in Serbia
- Extension of European Patents to Montenegro via Euro-PCT Route
- Romania Ratifies Amendments to Law on Trademarks and Geographical Indications
- Bulgaria Adopts Draft Law Amending the Law on Marks and Geographical Indications
- New Trademark, Industrial Design and Copyright Laws in Serbia Explained
- New Bosnian Draft Laws up for Public Discussion
- Albania Accedes to European Patent Convention and Patent Law Treaty
- Russia Closes Top File-Sharing Website Torrents.ru
- .RU Domain Registration Policy Change as of April 1, 2010
- .YU Domain Officially Expires in Serbia
- Russian Retailer Registers Wal-Rus Trademark Ahead of Wal-Mart Arrival
- Romanian Rock Band Legal Case Could Set Important Precedent
- CISAC Urges Serbian Public Broadcaster to Respect Copyright Law
- Half of Russia’s Cell Phones Counterfeit or Contraband
- WIPO Rules Against Estonian Student in Domain Name Dispute
- More than 300 Personal Names with .ME Extension Auctioned Online
- USAID and Microsoft Unite in Fighting Software Piracy in Azerbaijan
- USD 62,000 Worth of Pirated Disks Seized from Ukrainian Shop
- Macedonia Hosts WCO European Heads of Customs Conference
- Conference on Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan Customs Union
- Number of Seized Counterfeit Goods in Romania Triples in 2009 Compared to 2008
- Romanian Customs Seize Burberry, Disney, Armani, Nike, Boss Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Mobile Phones
- Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Soccer Shoes with Euro 2012 Logo
- Serbia and Ukraine Ink Customs Cooperation Agreement
- Macedonia Ratifies Three International IP Agreements
- Switzerland Helps Serbia Improve System of Protection of Geographical Indications
- Slovakia and Ukraine Accede to Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- Consultation Meetings on Albanian Draft IP Strategy
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Pensan Global Pens
- Kyrgyzstan Leader in Harmonizing National with International IP Standards
- Moldovan PTO and EPO Cooperating to Develop Effective IP System
- Serbian IP Gazette Now in Electronic Form