Macedonia Ratifies Three International IP Agreements
During the month of February three significant IP agreements were announced in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia.
In the Official Gazette No. 19, published on February 10, it was announced that the Macedonian Assembly had ratified the Vienna Agreement Establishing an International Classification of the Figurative Elements of Marks and the Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks, at its session on February 4.
On February 19, in the Official Gazette No. 24, it was announced that, at its session on February 15, the Macedonian Assembly ratified the Protocol Amending the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS Agreement).
The Macedonian Government deposited the instrument of accession to the Vienna Agreement with the WIPO Director General on February 26, and this agreement will enter into force, with respect to Macedonia, on May 26, 2010.
The Singapore Treaty will enter into force three months after the instrument of ratification is deposited with the WIPO Director General, while the Protocol Amending the TRIPS Agreement will take effect in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 3 of Article X of the Marrakesh Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organization.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Noveska in our Macedonia office.
Source: Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia; WIPO
March 2010 News
- New Law on Geographical Indications in Serbia
- Extension of European Patents to Montenegro via Euro-PCT Route
- Romania Ratifies Amendments to Law on Trademarks and Geographical Indications
- Bulgaria Adopts Draft Law Amending the Law on Marks and Geographical Indications
- New Trademark, Industrial Design and Copyright Laws in Serbia Explained
- New Bosnian Draft Laws up for Public Discussion
- Albania Accedes to European Patent Convention and Patent Law Treaty
- Russia Closes Top File-Sharing Website Torrents.ru
- .RU Domain Registration Policy Change as of April 1, 2010
- .YU Domain Officially Expires in Serbia
- Russian Retailer Registers Wal-Rus Trademark Ahead of Wal-Mart Arrival
- Romanian Rock Band Legal Case Could Set Important Precedent
- CISAC Urges Serbian Public Broadcaster to Respect Copyright Law
- Half of Russia’s Cell Phones Counterfeit or Contraband
- WIPO Rules Against Estonian Student in Domain Name Dispute
- More than 300 Personal Names with .ME Extension Auctioned Online
- USAID and Microsoft Unite in Fighting Software Piracy in Azerbaijan
- USD 62,000 Worth of Pirated Disks Seized from Ukrainian Shop
- Macedonia Hosts WCO European Heads of Customs Conference
- Conference on Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan Customs Union
- Number of Seized Counterfeit Goods in Romania Triples in 2009 Compared to 2008
- Romanian Customs Seize Burberry, Disney, Armani, Nike, Boss Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Mobile Phones
- Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Soccer Shoes with Euro 2012 Logo
- Serbia and Ukraine Ink Customs Cooperation Agreement
- Macedonia Ratifies Three International IP Agreements
- Switzerland Helps Serbia Improve System of Protection of Geographical Indications
- Slovakia and Ukraine Accede to Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- Consultation Meetings on Albanian Draft IP Strategy
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Pensan Global Pens
- Kyrgyzstan Leader in Harmonizing National with International IP Standards
- Moldovan PTO and EPO Cooperating to Develop Effective IP System
- Serbian IP Gazette Now in Electronic Form