PETOŠEVIĆ Ukraine Hosts INTA Roundtable on Latest IP Developments and Online Trademark Infringement
PETOŠEVIĆ Ukraine hosted the International Trademark Association (INTA) roundtable entitled “Latest IP Developments in Ukraine. Trademark Infringement on the Internet” on December 9, 2015, at Premier Hotel Rus in Kiev.
PETOŠEVIĆ invited experts from the Ukrainian State Intellectual Property Service, the Kiev Commercial Court and the National Academy of Law Sciences of Ukraine to lecture to about 30 attendees, mostly experienced practitioners from the local IP community, including trademark attorneys, judges and PTO representatives.
PETOŠEVIĆ Ukraine Associate Tetiana Shulga moderated the roundtable discussion that focused on harmonization of the Ukrainian IP regulations with the EU legislation, as well as on protecting and enforcing IP rights on the Internet. The participants discussed the problems of collecting and securing evidence of infringement on the Internet and the (un)reliability of hosting providers and domain name registrars.
Notable speakers included Alla Zharinova, chairwoman of the State Intellectual Property Service of Ukraine, Pablo Rodenas, resident adviser of EU Twinning project “Strengthening the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights in Ukraine”, Oksana Gumega, judge of the Commercial Court of Kiev, as well as PETOŠEVIĆ Romania Director Aura Campeanu.
You can see several photos from the event in our gallery.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
January 2016 News
- Romania to Abolish Ex Officio Examination of Relative Grounds?
- Slovenia Amends Unfair Competition Legislation
- MEDICRIME Convention Enters into Force in Ukraine
- Ukraine Drafting Amendments to Customs Code
- New Industrial Property Institutions and Procedures Act Enters into Force in Latvia
- 1,231 Trademarks Registered in Estonia in 2015
- Turkmenistan Accedes to Geneva Act of the Hague Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Industrial Designs
- Pastry Shops in Croatia Targeted Over Infringing Cake Designs
- Russian Police Arrest Counterfeit Motor Oil Gang
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Perfume
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 3M Worth of Counterfeits
- Lithuania PTO to Publish IP Gazette Twice a Month