1,231 Trademarks Registered in Estonia in 2015
Recent statistics show that the Estonian PTO registered 1,231 trademarks in 2015 and validated 1,185 international registrations, bringing the total number of trademarks in the register to 27,954 and the total number of valid international registrations to 30,115.
In 2014 the PTO registered 1,173 trademarks and validated 1,435 international registrations.
The majority of the trademarks registered (967) in 2015 belong to Estonian citizens and businesses, 36 belong to US applicants, 25 come from Latvia, 21 from Switzerland, and 15 from the Netherlands.
With regards to the total number of trademarks registered in Estonia, 42 percent (11,729) belong to Estonian citizens, 14.5 percent (4,057) are of US origin, 7.9 percent (2,213) belong to German nationals, while 5.1 percent (1,424) belong to Swiss citizens.
As for the international registrations validated in 2015, most of them (223) come from Russia, followed by China with 103, Germany with 85, and Ukraine with 68 registrations.
Prepared by: Aleksandra Pavlovic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: The Baltic Course
January 2016 News
- Romania to Abolish Ex Officio Examination of Relative Grounds?
- Slovenia Amends Unfair Competition Legislation
- MEDICRIME Convention Enters into Force in Ukraine
- Ukraine Drafting Amendments to Customs Code
- New Industrial Property Institutions and Procedures Act Enters into Force in Latvia
- 1,231 Trademarks Registered in Estonia in 2015
- Turkmenistan Accedes to Geneva Act of the Hague Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Industrial Designs
- Pastry Shops in Croatia Targeted Over Infringing Cake Designs
- Russian Police Arrest Counterfeit Motor Oil Gang
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Perfume
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 3M Worth of Counterfeits
- Lithuania PTO to Publish IP Gazette Twice a Month