Ukrainian IPO Reorganizes and Transitions to UKRNOIPI, Online Filing System Re-Launched
As part of the ongoing institutional reform of the Ukrainian intellectual property system, the Ukrainian Intellectual Property Institute (Ukrpatent) functions have been transferred to the Ukrainian National Office of Intellectual Property and Innovations (UKRNOIPI).
In its recent announcement, the Ukrpatent informed about the entry into force of the ordinance of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, dated October 28, 2022, No. 943-r “Some issues of the National Intellectual Property Authority” under which the UKRNOIPI is designated as an entity absorbing the functions of the Ukrpatent.
When the ordinance entered into force on November 8, the transition process was still ongoing. Only paper filings were accepted, while there was a short delay in re-launching the e-filing system. Online filing was re-launched on November 28, so no further filing delays are expected.
By: Oleh Karpenko
For any questions, please contact Oleh Karpenko at our Ukraine office.
November 2022 News
- Ukrainian IPO Reorganizes and Transitions to UKRNOIPI, Online Filing System Re-Launched
- EPO Sets Start of Unitary Patent Transitional Measures to January 1, 2023
- Changes to Madrid System Regulations Enter into Force
- Holiday Recess for Hungarian IPO
- Hungarian Customs Detain Fake Apparel
- Ukraine Introduces TSG Protection
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Moldova
- New Implementing Regulations of the Trademark Law Enter into Force in Romania
- Montenegro Joined EPO: What Does that Mean for Patent Holders?
- Hungarian Customs Detain Fake Accessories
- Serbian Customs Detain Fake Apparel