Holiday Recess for Hungarian IPO
Nov 30 2022 - 14:43
On the basis of the Act on Government Administration, the Hungarian government has decreed an administrative recess for government administrative bodies, including the Hungarian Intellectual Property Office (HIPO), from December 22, 2022 to January 6, 2023.
The most significant implications for applicants and right holders are the following:
- Between December 22, 2022 and January 8, 2023, the HIPO will temporarily suspend its activities, including the receipt of documents;
- During the recess, documents may be filed electronically, on paper using the HIPO automatic terminal and by fax;
- If a deadline falls during the recess, including deadlines for making a priority declaration, filing an opposition, paying fees or submitting requests for review – the deadline will expire on January 9, 2023;
- Deadlines that expire after January 8, 2023 are not affected by the recess;
- Deadlines for international patent proceedings under the Patent Cooperation Treaty will not be extended, but the parties affected may justify any failure to perform an action during the recess before the HIPO as receiving Office under Rule 82quater.1 of the Regulations.
For more information, please visit the Hungarian IPO’s website.
Read more news on Hungary or General. Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
November 2022 News
- Ukrainian IPO Reorganizes and Transitions to UKRNOIPI, Online Filing System Re-Launched
- EPO Sets Start of Unitary Patent Transitional Measures to January 1, 2023
- Changes to Madrid System Regulations Enter into Force
- Holiday Recess for Hungarian IPO
- Hungarian Customs Detain Fake Apparel
- Ukraine Introduces TSG Protection
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Moldova
- New Implementing Regulations of the Trademark Law Enter into Force in Romania
- Montenegro Joined EPO: What Does that Mean for Patent Holders?
- Hungarian Customs Detain Fake Accessories
- Serbian Customs Detain Fake Apparel