Ukrainian Officials Shut Down Production and Online Sale of Fake Spirits
Ukrainian State Fiscal Service officials, in collaboration with the Prosecutor’s Office of Kyiv, recently seized more than 2,000 liters of counterfeit alcoholic beverages infringing numerous trademarks, including Finlandia®, Jack Daniel’s®, Chivas Regal®, Captain Morgan®, Jameson®, Bacardi®, Jim Beam®, Smirnoff® and Sauza®.
The goods were seized during the raid of the illegal alcohol makers’ manufacturing and storage facilities in the capital of Kyiv. Counterfeit vodka, cognac, whiskey, rum and tequila were manufactured by mixing various spirits and flavorings. The counterfeiters evaded the payment of excise duty and sold the fake spirits online. Besides the counterfeit alcohol, the officials also seized manufacturing equipment and a vehicle used for the transportation of fake goods.
Prepared by: Valentyna Martynenko
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Ukrainian State Fiscal Service website
September 2020 News
- Ukraine Amends Patent Law
- Belarus Amends Law on Geographical Indications
- Ukrainian Hosiery Manufacturer Fined for Unfair Competition
- Ukrainian Officials Shut Down Production and Online Sale of Fake Spirits
- Hungarian Officials Halt Home Production of Fake Apparel
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Authenticity Certificates
- How Brexit Will Impact Your IP Rights
- Ukraine Amends Trademark Law
- Ukraine Amends Industrial Design Law
- Owners of Romanian TMs and IRs Designating Romania Invited to Specify the Scope of Goods and Services by September 30
- Croatian IPO Amends Official Fee Structure
- Hungarian Officials Shut Down Illegal Streaming Service