Russia to Introduce Electronic Registration Certificates and Letters Patent
On August 12, 2019, the Russian government submitted to the Russian Parliament a draft law according to which all IP rights applicants will first receive certificates of registration and letters patent in electronic form. Paper copies will be available only upon a separate request.
The draft law also provides for the submission of 3D models of inventions, utility models, industrial designs and trademarks in electronic form, as a new option for applicants. Publication of 3D models is not foreseen.
The adoption of the law, expected by the end of the year, would most likely lead to a faster and more affordable registration procedure.
Prepared by: Alexey Rumyantsev
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Russian Parliament website
September 2019 News
- Russia Introduces GI Protection
- Mattel Inc. Cannot Register Barbie® Trademark in Certain Classes in Ukraine
- WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center Issues First Decision under UA-DRP
- Russia to Introduce Electronic Registration Certificates and Letters Patent
- New Food Labeling Law Enters into Force in Ukraine
- WIPO to Discontinue Fax Services for PCT Applicants
- Hungarian Customs Seize EUR 1 Million Worth of Fake Goods
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear