WIPO to Discontinue Fax Services for PCT Applicants
While PCT applicants currently use fax services at the International Bureau to submit documents in emergency situations when ePCT, WIPO’s online platform used for filing international patent applications, fails, WIPO has recently announced the discontinuation of fax services by the end of 2019.
Once fax services are discontinued, applicants will use the Contingency Upload Service, an alternative channel for filing documents with the International Bureau (including when IB acts as Receiving Office), designed to be a simple and secure means for electronic transmission of documents in emergency situations. Documents may be uploaded using a link provided in advance by email, without having to create or sign into a WIPO account and without the need for an electronic signature.
Prepared by: Nada Herak
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: EPI website
September 2019 News
- Russia Introduces GI Protection
- Mattel Inc. Cannot Register Barbie® Trademark in Certain Classes in Ukraine
- WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center Issues First Decision under UA-DRP
- Russia to Introduce Electronic Registration Certificates and Letters Patent
- New Food Labeling Law Enters into Force in Ukraine
- WIPO to Discontinue Fax Services for PCT Applicants
- Hungarian Customs Seize EUR 1 Million Worth of Fake Goods
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear