Macedonia Joins Global Brand and Global Design Databases
The Macedonian Intellectual Property Office recently made its trademark and industrial design data (33,580 trademark and 973 industrial design applications and registrations) available to the Global Brand Database and the Global Design Database, World Intellectual Property Organization’s (WIPO) trademark and design search platforms.
There are now 45 national offices contributing data on more than 37.2 million trademarks to the Global Brand Database, and 13 offices contributing data on more than 5.3 million industrial designs to the Global Design Database.
Global Brand Database allows users to search trademarks registered under the Madrid System, appellations of origin registered under the Lisbon System, state emblems protected under the Paris Convention 6ter, as well as a number of national trademark collections.
Global Design Database allows users to search more than 10.3 million industrial designs registered under the Hague System and/or in participating national collections.
Prepared by: Emilija Doeska
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sources: Macedonian IPO, WIPO
February 2019 News
- The Birth of North Macedonia
- Kosovo Appellate Court Confirms National Exhaustion of Rights Is Applicable
- Hungary Amends Official Fee Structure and Amounts for Trademark-Related Services
- Slovenian Administrative Court Confirms IPO Should Accept SPC Recalculation Requests
- Albania Accedes to Locarno and Vienna Agreements
- Macedonia Joins Global Brand and Global Design Databases
- Uzbekistan: New Labeling Requirements for 54 Types of Goods
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Perfume, Labels