Ukrainian Authorities Raid Fake Coffee Workshops
Ukrainian authorities have recently discovered two workshops in the city of Kharkiv, northeastern Ukraine, used for production of counterfeit instant coffee bearing the Jacobs® trademark.
A police patrol officer and several accomplices were allegedly involved in the illegal coffee manufacture and sale through online stores and their own retail shops.
The authorities discovered and seized prepackaged coffee, raw materials for the manufacture of counterfeit coffee, as well as computers, cash, vehicles and equipment used for illegal activities.
The total value of the seized goods is approximately EUR 43,000. The illegal sales caused at least EUR 25,000 damage to the state budget.
The investigation is still underway.
Prepared by: Olga Goncharova
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: State Fiscal Service of Kharkiv Region website; 112 Ukraine TV news portal
August 2016 News
- Four IP-Related Administrative Instructions Enter into Force in Kosovo, IPO Changes Official Fees
- Serbia Announces New Domain Name Registrant Verification System
- Ukrainian Authorities Raid Fake Coffee Workshops
- Hungarian Authorities Arrest Motor Oil Counterfeiters
- Bosnian Customs Seize Fake Toys, Bags
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Sneakers, Joysticks, Headphones
- Hungarian Customs Seize EUR 2,580,000 Worth of Counterfeit Dishes