Montenegrin .ME Domain Reaches 1 Million Registrations
Montenegrin registry Domain.me has recently announced that more than one million .ME domains have been registered since .ME’s launch in 2008.
.ME is reportedly one of the fastest-selling country code top-level domains (ccTLD) in history, which has been attributed to its great compatibility with English words. With domain names such as Contact.ME, YouAnd.ME, Hotels4.ME, Pizza4.ME and Tickets4.ME, this extension attracted many businesses and advertisers because of its unique online marketing power. .ME has also become popular as a URL shortener for some well-known companies, such as WordPress (WP.ME), Facebook (FB.ME) and Time Magazine (TI.ME).
About 36 percent of .ME registrations come from the USA, but the sudden increase in registrations was noticed last year when .ME became popular in China. Approximately 30 percent of .ME users are from China and according to some sources, it is the fourth most popular domain in this country.
Prepared by: Jelena Radevic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Domain.ME registry
May 2016 News
- Bulgarian Applicants Can Now File European Patent, PCT Applications Online
- Poland Introduces Trademark Opposition System
- Bosnian PTO Practice in Light of New EU Trademark Regulation
- Montenegrin .ME Domain Reaches 1 Million Registrations
- Ukrainian Police Seize 12,620 Pairs of Counterfeit Sneakers
- New Regulation on Customs Enforcement Enters into Force in Albania
- Hungarian Customs Seize EUR 50,000 Worth of Counterfeit Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Lamps
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Smartphones, Sneakers
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Clothing, Footwear