Ukrainian Police Seize 12,620 Pairs of Counterfeit Sneakers
After raiding several warehouses in the village of Avangard, Odessa region, the Ukrainian police seized 12,620 pairs of counterfeit sneakers bearing the logos of Adidas, Nike, Puma, Lacoste and New Balance, worth more than EUR 100,000 (USD 113,000).
The police received tips that five warehouses in the Odessa region might be storing stolen property and initiated a criminal proceeding under Article 185 (theft) of the Ukrainian Criminal Code. In the course of the investigation, a district court issued a search warrant. The investigation is still underway.
Prepared by: Olga Goncharova
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Website of the Central Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in the Odessa region
May 2016 News
- Bulgarian Applicants Can Now File European Patent, PCT Applications Online
- Poland Introduces Trademark Opposition System
- Bosnian PTO Practice in Light of New EU Trademark Regulation
- Montenegrin .ME Domain Reaches 1 Million Registrations
- Ukrainian Police Seize 12,620 Pairs of Counterfeit Sneakers
- New Regulation on Customs Enforcement Enters into Force in Albania
- Hungarian Customs Seize EUR 50,000 Worth of Counterfeit Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Lamps
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Smartphones, Sneakers
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Clothing, Footwear