Ukraine to Ratify Amendments to TRIPS Agreement
The Ukrainian parliament has recently adopted the relevant draft law to ratify the Protocol amending the TRIPS Agreement (Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights).
The amendments set forth in the Protocol will come into force in Ukraine after they are approved by two-thirds of the WTO members, in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 3 of Article X of the Marrakesh Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organization (WTO).
The amendments aim to make it easier for developing member countries to receive more affordable, generic versions of patented medicines, as the Protocol allows exports of medicines made under compulsory licenses to countries that are unable to manufacture them. Originally, compulsory licensing was to be authorized primarily for supplying the domestic market.
By: Olga Goncharova
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Ukrainian parliament’s website; WTO
February 2016 News
- Ukraine to Ratify Amendments to TRIPS Agreement
- Nikki Beach Succeeds in Registering EPICUREAN LOUNGE Word Mark
- Ukrainian Authorities Discover Online Store Selling Fake Goods
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Labels, Linens, Curtains
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Shoes, Apparel, Perfumes
- Bosnian Customs Officials Seize Fake Clothing, Footwear