Priority Registration of Domain Names in Armenian Script Ends November 30
On September 1, the Internet Society of Armenia (ISOC AM) started receiving applications for registration of domain names in the Armenian language.
The priority registration will last until November 30, 2015. During this period, trademark owners and state authorities will be able to register domain names with the new domain extension, ISOC AM Vice President Grigori Saghyan informed.
Saghyan explained that the applications are accepted online via the ISOC AM website for a price of 5,000 drams (EUR 9.33; USD 10.50), which is the price of maintaining a domain name for a year.
Saghyan noted that about 30 percent of the Armenian population does not speak a foreign language and that the Internet users will therefore welcome domain names in their native language. He added that many local brands are recognizable only in the Armenian script and that it would be beneficial for these entities to have domains in the local language.
The domain extension .հայ is transliterated as .hye in the Latin script.
Prepared by: Aleksandra Pavlovic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Asbarez news portal; the Internet Society of Armenia website
September 2015 News
- New Legislation on Customs Measures in Serbia
- Kosovo Amends Patent and Trademark Legislation
- Russia Adopts Three New IP-Related Regulations
- Google Faces Issues Over Unfair Competition in Russia
- Priority Registration of Domain Names in Armenian Script Ends November 30
- Moldova Ratifies Beijing Treaty on Audiovisual Performances
- Czech Firm Develops Smartphone Application That Helps Uncover Fake Goods
- Anti-Counterfeiting Event Organized in Ukraine
- Fake Sportswear, Sneakers Destroyed in Bulgaria
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Bags, Shoes
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Laundry Detergent