Anti-Counterfeiting Event Organized in Ukraine
On September 3, the Ukrainian Alliance Against Counterfeiting and Piracy (UAACP) and the Kiev City State Administration, in cooperation with the State Intellectual Property Service, Ukrainian Institute of Intellectual Property and the State Enterprise Intelzakhyst held an awareness-raising event under the slogan “I buy real! I don’t buy fakes!” as part of the educational campaign against counterfeiting and piracy in Ukraine.
The event took place in downtown Kiev and was attended by the representatives of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade, the State Customs Service and forensic examiners.
The visitors had the opportunity to learn about the widespread availability of counterfeit products and the risks associated with using them. Counterfeit products such as clothes, footwear, toys, accessories, cigarettes, razor blades, domestic detergents and agricultural chemicals were placed on display and the visitors received expert advice on how to tell a genuine and counterfeit product apart.
Prepared by: Olga Goncharova
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: State Intellectual Property Service of Ukraine
September 2015 News
- New Legislation on Customs Measures in Serbia
- Kosovo Amends Patent and Trademark Legislation
- Russia Adopts Three New IP-Related Regulations
- Google Faces Issues Over Unfair Competition in Russia
- Priority Registration of Domain Names in Armenian Script Ends November 30
- Moldova Ratifies Beijing Treaty on Audiovisual Performances
- Czech Firm Develops Smartphone Application That Helps Uncover Fake Goods
- Anti-Counterfeiting Event Organized in Ukraine
- Fake Sportswear, Sneakers Destroyed in Bulgaria
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Bags, Shoes
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Laundry Detergent