Armenian Domain Name in Local Script Passes ICANN String Evaluation
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has recently announced the successful completion of the String Evaluation on the proposed IDN ccTLD string for Armenia, in the Armenian alphabet.
Armenia is now eligible to apply for String Delegation and proceed forward through the IDN ccTLD Fast Track process.
As the Armenian Ministry of Transport and Communication reported, registration of the Armenian-language domain will enable users to disseminate information on the Internet in Armenian, thus promoting the use of the Armenian alphabet abroad and the implementation of Armenian fonts in modern mobile devices.
Prepared by: Aleksandra Pavlovic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
December 2014 News
- Russia Joins DesignView
- Armenian Domain Name in Local Script Passes ICANN String Evaluation
- Authorities Shut Down 292 Websites Selling Counterfeits
- Authorities Bust Drug Counterfeiters Operating in Austria, Hungary, Great Britain
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 360,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Hungarian Customs Seize EUR 71,000 Worth of Counterfeit Sweaters
- EC: Serbia Made Moderate Progress in IP Area in 2014
- Kazakhstan To Join WTO in Early 2015
- New Food Labeling Rules Enter into Force in EU