Ukrainian Parliament Publishes Text of EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
The Ukrainian parliament, the Verkhovna Rada, has recently published draft translations of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement (DCFTA), a fundamental part of the Association Agreement.
The EU and Ukraine have been negotiating the Association Agreement and the DCFTA since 2008. In 2012 the text of the agreements was initiated.
The Association Agreement aims to accelerate Ukraine’s political and economic integration into the EU.
The draft translations of the Association Agreement and the DCFTA, both in the Ukrainian language, can be found on the Ukrainian parliament’s website.
Chapter 9 of the DCFTA covers intellectual property matters, namely it introduces provisions aiming to simplify the commercial use of innovations and increase the level of IP rights protection at the bilateral level.
If Ukraine fulfills certain requirements, the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement will be signed during the Eastern Partnership summit this November in Vilnius, Lithuania.
By: Tetiana Shulga
For more information, please contact Tetiana Shulga at our Belgium office.
June 2013 News
- Amendments to Macedonian Law on Customs Measures Enter into Force
- Red Bull Wins Trademark Lawsuit against Bulgarian Soft Drinks Producer
- Ukrainian Parliament Publishes Text of EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- EU and Moldova Conclude DCFTA Negotiations
- Croatia Signs Agreements with OHIM Ahead of EU Accession
- Russia to Adopt New Anti-Piracy Law
- Estonian Internet Foundation Prepares Plan to Increase Popularity of .EE Domain
- Russian Police Bust Fake Chanel Shoe Sweatshop
- Serbian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Toys
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Towels, Balls, Toys
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes