Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Towels, Balls, Toys
In the time period May 16 — June 17, the Romanian customs officials seized a considerable quantity of goods believed to be counterfeit, the total value of which is approximately EUR 0.8 million (USD 1.1 million).
The seized goods include:
- 15,000 towels bearing Disney, Barbie, Angry Birds, My Little Pony, Lego, Coca Cola, Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Adidas, Arsenal and Reebok marks;
- 12,420 balls bearing the Smiley figurative mark;
- 16,974 toys (puzzles, dolls, wristwatches) bearing Disney, Hello Kitty, Thomas & Friends, The Smurfs, Sponge Bob, Dora the Explorer, Monster High marks; and
- 64,594 toys (plastic laptops, plush toys, musical toys, board games, balls, playing cards, jump ropes) bearing Disney, Hello Kitty, Thomas & Friends, Angry Birds, Transformers, Monopoly, Barbie, My Little Pony, 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil and FC Barcelona marks.
The seizures were made at the port of Constanta, eastern Romania. The goods originated in China and were intended for the Romanian market.
Prepared by: Simona Dragoi
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Romanian Customs
June 2013 News
- Amendments to Macedonian Law on Customs Measures Enter into Force
- Red Bull Wins Trademark Lawsuit against Bulgarian Soft Drinks Producer
- Ukrainian Parliament Publishes Text of EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- EU and Moldova Conclude DCFTA Negotiations
- Croatia Signs Agreements with OHIM Ahead of EU Accession
- Russia to Adopt New Anti-Piracy Law
- Estonian Internet Foundation Prepares Plan to Increase Popularity of .EE Domain
- Russian Police Bust Fake Chanel Shoe Sweatshop
- Serbian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Toys
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Towels, Balls, Toys
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes