Ukrainian Customs Seize 1.2 Million Euro 2012 Counterfeits
Since the beginning of this year, the Ukrainian customs authorities have seized 1.2 million items suspected of infringing intellectual property rights of Euro 2012, the Union of European Football Associations’ (UEFA) championship taking place in Ukraine and Poland in June and July of 2012.
The customs authorities of the Odessa region performed the most recent seizure of 400,000 lighters.
A public database with the UEFA’s intellectual property in Ukraine is located on the Ukrainian PTO’s website in order to raise awareness of IP rights belonging to the UEFA and its commercial partners, who have registered hundreds of trademarks related to Euro 2012.
The customs officials from Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Armenia have also recently participated in a three-day IP-protection workshop in Odessa, Ukraine.
The workshop took place on May 14-16 and was an opportunity for customs officials from different countries to exchange information and explore ways of protecting IP rights. As the Azerbaijani news agency Trend informed, this initiative is timely, considering the threat posed to IP rights ahead of the Euro 2012.
Author: Maya Kryvoshei, Aleksandra Pavlovic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Ukrainian news portal Ukrinform.ua; Azerbaijani news agency Trend
May 2012 News
- Ukraine’s New Customs Code Introduces Important Changes
- Conflict Between Trademarks and Corporate Names in Ukraine
- Bulgarian Tea Importer and Distributor Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bulgarian Dairy Producer and Distributor Fined for Unfair Competition
- National Museum of Serbia in Danger of Losing 400 Artworks
- Central and Eastern Europe World Leader in Software Piracy
- Russia and Ukraine on Special 301 Report Priority Watch List
- Bulgarian Authorities Prevent Unlicensed Software Dissemination
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Record High Quantity of Fake Perfumes
- Ukrainian Customs Seize 1.2 Million Euro 2012 Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize BMW, Adidas, Lacoste Counterfeits
- Latvian and Finish Trademarks Added to TMview
- Russia and EPO Sign Agreement on Patent Translations
- Serbia to Join Union for Plant Variety Protection
- Ukrainian Institute of Industrial Property Changes Web Address
- Bulgarian Depository Authority under Budapest Treaty Moves to New Address