Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Shoes, Perfumes
During regular customs controls in the period between November 16 and December 6, 2010, the Romanian customs officials in the town of Giurgiu, southern Romania, seized a considerable quantity of goods suspected of being counterfeit, bearing the labels of well-known brands, worth approximately EUR 71,000 (USD 95,000).
On November 16, the officials seized 1,678 clothing articles (jeans, sweaters and blouses) bearing the marks of Lacoste, Chanel, Adidas, Burberry, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, Diesel, Bulgari and Gucci. The products were seized in three trucks, traveling from Turkey to Ukraine.
On November 24, the officials seized 150 clothing articles and shoes, bearing the labels of Nike, Cacharel and Pierre Cardin. The goods were discovered in a truck traveling from Turkey to Romania.
On December 3, the officials seized 540 bottles of perfume bearing the marks of Paco Rabanne, Armani, Aqua Di Gio, Chanel, Dior, Hugo Boss, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana and Lacoste.
On December 5, the officials seized 445 clothing articles bearing the marks of Giorgio Armani, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Hugo Boss, Tommy Hilfiger, Gucci, Chanel and Versace. The goods were seized in a truck with Turkish license plates.
For more information, please contact Marius Ciobanasu at our Romania office.
Source: Romanian Customs
December 2010 News
- Polish Court Rules in Favor of Croatia’s Spice Brand Vegeta in Dispute with Polish Spice Producer
- Moldova New Copyright Law in Force as of January 1, 2011
- Google Banned from Using Google.ua
- 4,000 Pairs of Fake Nike Sneakers Destroyed in Serbia
- Microsoft Gives Away Free Software to NGOs in Countries with High Piracy Rates
- Russian Police Seize 26,710 Liters of Counterfeit Alcohol
- Bulgarian Authorities Seize Levi Strauss, H&M, Puma Counterfeits
- Every Fourth Computer in Serbia with Legal Software
- Counterfeit and Pirated Goods Make Third of Hungary’s Black Market
- Holographic-Image CDs, DVDs in Armenia to Help Fight Piracy
- Bosnian Customs Seize Nike, Lacoste Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Shoes, Perfumes
- Macedonian Customs Detain Fake Shoes, Perfumes, Textile Products
- EC: Serbia Made Moderate Progress in IP Area in 2010
- Russia Plans Crackdown on Foreign Words in Advertising
- Kazakhstan Establishes NGO for Copyright Protection
- 3,740 Domain Names Registered in Azerbaijan in 2010
- Bulgarian Trademarks Added to TMview
- New Montenegrin Trademark Law Gives 12-month Deadline to Trademark Owners