European Patent Extension to Montenegro Expected Soon
The European Patent Organization and Montenegro signed an agreement on the extension of European patents to Montenegro on February 13, 2009.
On October 14, 2009, the Parliament of Montenegro adopted the Law on Affirmation of the Agreement between the Government of Montenegro and the European Patent Organization on the Extension of European Patents to Montenegro. The law was published in the Official Gazette of Montenegro on November 6, 2009 and came into force in Montenegro on November 14, 2009.
However, even though this law entered into force in Montenegro, the Agreement itself is not applicable yet. The date of entry into force of the Agreement will be determined by a mutual exchange of notes between the Government of Montenegro and the EPO. The exchange of notes has not taken place yet. As soon as we know that the exchange of notes took place, we will report on it.
For more information, please contact Jasna Jusic Paovic in our Montenegro office.
December 2009 News
- Four New Laws to Enter into Force in Serbia by the New Year
- Russian Gangs Make Millions by Selling Fake Tamiflu Online
- French Champagne Producer Defends its Right to Cristal Trademark in Russia
- Estonian Software Pirate to Pay EUR 100.000 in Damages to Five Software Companies
- Trademarks and Geographical Denominations Gazette Issued in Azerbaijan
- Ukrainian Cyrillic Domain to Start Operating by March 2010
- Romanian Customs Seize 20 Tons of Fake Perfume
- Bulgarian Alcohol Producer Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bulgarian Company Fined for Trade Dress Infringement and Unfair Competition
- Microsoft Launches Anti-Piracy Program in Russia
- Macedonian Police Seize Counterfeit Alcoholic Drinks
- Bulgarians Arrested in Moscow On Piracy Charges
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Goods
- Bulgarian Police Seize Pirated Software, Films and Music
- Russia’s Textile Industry Grows After Shutdown of Counterfeit Goods Market
- European Patent Extension to Montenegro Expected Soon