EAPO Enables WIPO DAS for Eurasian Design Applicants
On December 1, 2021, the Eurasian Patent Office enabled the World Intellectual Property Organization’s Digital Access Service (WIPO DAS) for Eurasian industrial design applicants.
The WIPO DAS is an electronic system allowing priority documents and similar documents to be securely exchanged between participating intellectual property offices (IPOs).
Now, when claiming priority in a Eurasian design application referring to an earlier application previously placed in the WIPO DAS digital library, applicants may submit the access code for this earlier application within WIPO DAS to EAPO instead of submitting a copy of the earlier application.
Applicants may deposit an earlier application in the WIPO DAS digital library through the WIPO International Bureau or another IPO which accepts applications for depositing in the WIPO DAS library, now including the EAPO.
Prepared by: Djurdja Krivokapić
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: EAPO website
February 2022 News
- Serbia Amends Patent Law
- Montenegro Ratifies EPC, Amends Patent and Copyright Laws
- Hungary Amends Patent Act
- Belarus Joins Eurasian Design System
- UPC Provisional Application Protocol Enters into Force
- Russia Accedes to Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement
- EAPO Enables WIPO DAS for Eurasian Design Applicants
- Ukraine Launches Madrid e-Filing
- Ukrainian Authorities Shut Down Sale of Fake Cancer Drugs
- Fake Apparel, Footwear, Accessories Destroyed In Montenegro
- Serbian Customs Detain Fake Apparel and Accessories