Google Sues Kyiv Real Estate Developer over NEST® Trademark
Google LLC has recently filed a lawsuit before the Kyiv City Commercial Court against Nerukhomist Stolytsi, a Ukrainian real estate development company based in the capital of Kyiv, and the Ukrainian PTO, asking the court to partially cancel the NEST® national trademark registration owned by the defendant.
Google owns the NEST® trademark for its line of smart home devices in various other countries. The trademark was previously owned by Nest Labs, a company which Google acquired in January 2014. With the aim of launching its NEST® goods and services in Ukraine, Google is seeking protection for its NEST® mark locally.
The Ukrainian NEST® trademark was registered in 2007, for goods and services in classes 35, 36, 37, and 42, in the name of Nerukhomist Stolytsi, operating in the Ukrainian real estate market since 1997 and engaged in the construction and maintenance of both residential property and business centers.
Google is asking the court to partially cancel the NEST® national trademark registration, for services in classes 37 and 42, claiming that the Ukrainian developer has not used its trademark for these services for an uninterrupted period of five years.
Prepared by: Valentyna Martynenko
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: dev.ua IT news portal
July 2021 News
- Russia Amends Legislation Affecting Foreign Champagne and Cognac Producers
- Hungary Ratifies Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement
- Russian IPO Introduces Fee for Issuing Paper Copies of Documents
- Kazakhstan to Introduce Mandatory Digital Labeling of Medicines
- Google Sues Kyiv Real Estate Developer over NEST® Trademark
- Hungarian Customs Detain EUR 24 Million Worth of Luxury Fakes
- Romanian Customs Detain Nearly EUR 3 Million Worth of Cosmetics, Perfume