Kazakhstan Launches App for Checking Alcoholic Drinks’ Authenticity
The Kazakh National Information Technologies Agency (NITEC) recently launched a mobile application named e-Sapa, which can be used to verify the authenticity of all alcoholic beverages with excise stamps in Kazakhstan. The application was developed in collaboration with the Kazakh State Revenue Committee as part of the fight against the sale of illegal and counterfeit alcoholic drinks.
The e-Sapa app allows users to scan the barcode on the product’s control mark which indicates information about the product and its manufacturer. From its launch in December 2019 until June 2020, the e-Sapa app was used to check the authenticity of more than 5,000 alcoholic drinks in Kazakhstan.
Prepared by: Ainagul Zhumagulova
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: The Kazakh National Information Technology Company website
July 2020 News
- How to Register a Trademark in Russia – a Quick Guide
- Poland Introduces Specialized IP Courts, New Types of Court Actions
- Ukraine to Introduce Research Exemption to Patent Law
- Russian GI Law to Enter into Force Soon
- More Patent Validations and Utility Model Applications in Hungary in 2019
- Kazakhstan Launches App for Checking Alcoholic Drinks’ Authenticity
- Kazakh Officials Seize Fake Sneakers