Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, North Macedonia and Serbia Join DesignClass
On September 30, 2019, the Intellectual Property Offices (IPOs) of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, North Macedonia and Serbia started using the list of terms from the harmonized database of product indications (HDBPI) in DesignClass, the European Union Intellectual Property Office’s (EUIPO) database allowing users to search and translate product indications needed to apply for design protection.
Along with the African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO), these are the first six IPOs from outside the European Union to use the HDBPI terms list. This is one of the expected outcomes of EUIPO’s strategic program intended to extend tools from the European Union Intellectual Property Network (EUIPN) to IP offices outside the EU.
DesignClass now offers users the opportunity to search and translate more than 12,000 harmonized concepts in 27 languages from 30 IP offices.
Prepared by: Emilija Doeska
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
November 2019 News
- Eurasian Patent Organization to Introduce Eurasian Design Patents
- Serbia Amends Patent Law
- Belarus Introduces New Measures Against Cybersquatting
- Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, North Macedonia and Serbia Join DesignClass
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Seize 100 Tons of Fake Detergent
- Hungarian Customs Seize EUR 112,000 Worth of Fake Perfume