Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Movie Streaming Website
Ukraine’s cyber police unit recently closed down www.onlainfilm.club, a website which had been broadcasting pirated films for nine years.
It is estimated that up to 500,000 users visited the website every day. There were more than 50 terabytes of videos posted on the site, and the number of video views exceeded two million.
The website owners used proxy servers to forward users’ queries from the external network to one or more internal network servers.
The police officers carried out five authorized searches in Khmelnytsky in western Ukraine and seized the website owners’ computer equipment and money. The amount of damage caused to rights holders will be established after all the necessary investigations are carried out.
Prepared by: Yulia Kropivka
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Ukrainian cyber police website
July 2018 News
- Belarus Amends Law on Patents for Inventions, Utility Models and Industrial Designs
- New Croatian IP Legislation Abolishes Appeal Boards
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Movie Streaming Website
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel
- Albania Introduces New Trademark Regulation
- Montenegro Joins DesignView
- Hungarian Customs Seize Fake Alloy Wheels
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear, Accessories, Perfumes