Croatian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Accessories
During their recent inspections held in several Croatian towns, the Croatian customs officials discovered and seized a considerable quantity of counterfeit goods bearing well-known brand names.
During their inspections in the towns of Crikvenica and Umag, western Croatia, the officials seized various counterfeit goods, including watches, clothing, sunglasses and purses bearing the marks of Lacoste, Ice-Watch, Gucci, Adidas, Armani, Ray Ban, Dolce & Gabanna, Monster and Replay, with the total estimated market value of approximately EUR 75,000 (USD 100,000).
During their raids in Split, southern Croatia, the officials seized various counterfeit products including 1,200 kilograms of fruit and vegetables, 50 bottles of liquor, 342 clothing items, 330 pairs of sunglasses and 36 handbags bearing various registered trademarks, with the total estimated market value of approximately EUR 4,800 (USD 6,400).
In Split, the customs officials had instigated surveillance/monitoring of over 50 legal entities and natural persons that resulted in four indictments against the alleged infringers and seven misdemeanor charges on the basis of the breach of Croatian customs legislation and EU regulations dealing with the infringement of IP rights.
Prepared by: Izabella Radovic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Croatian Customs
September 2013 News
- Moldova’s New Competition Law Explained
- Albania Accedes to London Agreement
- Croatia and Slovenia Fight for Sausage Rights
- Coca-Cola Appeals Russian Court’s Decision in Trade Dress Suit
- Ukrainian Court Fines Calgon Water Softener Counterfeiters
- Slovenian PTO Part of OHIM’s Common Harmonized Database
- Croatian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Accessories
- Georgian Mineral Water Borjomi Gets Protected Status in the US
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 2M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear
- Serbian Authorities Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear, Accessories