Georgian Mineral Water Borjomi Gets Protected Status in the US
Georgia’s National Intellectual Property Center (Sakpatenti) announced on its website that Georgia recently registered Georgian mineral water Borjomi as an appellation of origin in the United States.
In accordance with the US laws, Borjomi was registered on August 20 in the name of Sakpatenti.
The following 12 Georgian wines are also protected in the US: Khvanchkara, Kinzmarauli, Tsinandali, Akhasheni, Kvareli, Manavi, Teliani, Gurjaani, Kakhuri, Mukuzani, Tvishi and Vazisubani.
Prepared by: Jelena Jankovic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 2013 News
- Moldova’s New Competition Law Explained
- Albania Accedes to London Agreement
- Croatia and Slovenia Fight for Sausage Rights
- Coca-Cola Appeals Russian Court’s Decision in Trade Dress Suit
- Ukrainian Court Fines Calgon Water Softener Counterfeiters
- Slovenian PTO Part of OHIM’s Common Harmonized Database
- Croatian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Accessories
- Georgian Mineral Water Borjomi Gets Protected Status in the US
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 2M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear
- Serbian Authorities Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear, Accessories