Macedonian Customs Seize Tommy Hilfiger, Armani, Gucci, Sony Counterfeits
During regular controls at Macedonia’s border crossings in the period August 27 – September 11, 2011, the customs officials seized a considerable quantity of goods bearing well-known brand names, believed to be counterfeit.
On August 27, the Macedonian customs officials at the Bogorodica border crossing, on the border with Greece, seized 1,716 pairs of sneakers bearing the marks of Adidas, Puma, and Nike.
In the week of August 29 – September 4, the officials seized 619 sports bags bearing the marks of Adidas, Kappa, Nike, and Puma, and 120 sets containing a mobile phone charger and two batteries bearing the mark of Sony.
In the week of September 5-11, the officials seized 538 T-shirts, shirts and underwear bearing the marks of Tommy Hilfiger, Paul & Shark, Polo, La Martina, Burberry, Zilli, Dolce Gabbana, Emporio Armani, and Bjorn Borg; 17 belts bearing the marks of Louis Vuitton, Burberry, and Hermes; 22 watches bearing the marks of Breitling, D&G, Glasfjutte, Bvlgari, Cartier, Armani, Gucci, Guess, and Patek Philippe; eight wallets bearing the marks of Louis Vuitton and Prada; and 144 pairs of women’s shoes bearing the mark of D&G.
The goods, which were found in trucks with Turkish, German, and Serbian license plates, originated in China, and were intended for the Macedonian and Bosnian markets.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Pavlovic at our Macedonia office.
Source: Macedonian Customs
September 2011 News
- Kosovo New Patent and Industrial Design Laws Explained
- Forbes Sues Russian Firm Over Fake Edition
- Oscar-Winning Director Sues Czech File-Hosting Site for Breach of Copyright
- Russian Home Appliance Manufacturer Files Complaint Against Samsung
- Czech Supreme Court Rules Against Entrepreneur Who Claimed Copyright to Popular Board Game
- Turkmenistan New Law on Plant Variety Protection
- Kazakhstan Cyrillic Domain Passes ICANN String Evaluation
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Patent Law Treaty
- Up to 30 Percent of Russia’s Key Retail Goods Counterfeit
- Macedonian Customs Seize Tommy Hilfiger, Armani, Gucci, Sony Counterfeits
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Gant, Lacoste, Puma, Prada Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Hermes, Armani, D&G, Moschino Counterfeits
- Ukrainian Customs Seize Soccer Balls with Euro 2012 Marks
- Croatian Customs Office Rijeka Actively Seizing Counterfeits
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria