Romania Launches Online Patent Applications
The Romanian Patent and Trademark Office has recently launched online patent applications, both for applicants seeking domestic registration of patents, and for those seeking registration under the international Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) and the European Patent Convention (EPC).
Patent applications can now be submitted on the website of the Romanian Patent and Trademark Office at www.osim.ro.
By applying online, applicants will pay lower administrative fees. Domestic patent applications submitted online cost EUR 20, as opposed to EUR 30 for paper-based applications.
If applicants wish to submit an online PCT application, the price ranges from CHF 100 to 300, depending on the coding format and content of the application. The same paper-based application costs CHF 1,330, plus CHF 15 for each page exceeding 30 sheets.
Should applicants want to submit an online EPC application, they will pay EUR 110, as opposed to EUR 180 for paper-based applications.
The Romanian online application system instantly generates the application number and date, reports errors and omissions in the inserted data, and provides a safe and secure system using data encryption with smart cards.
For more information, please contact Roxana Sarghi in our Romania Office.
March 2009 News
- Macedonian PTO to Host UNECE Seminar on Management of IP Rights
- Amended Croatian IP Laws Enter into Force
- Serbian Draft Law on Trademarks Up for Public Discussion
- Montenegro Begins to Issue Certificates of Registration
- Romania Launches Online Patent Applications
- Bosnia Ratifies Phonograms Convention
- New Macedonian Industrial Property Law Enters into Force
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel Worth EUR 358,000
- Bosnian Authorities Destroy Counterfeit LG Goods
- Albania Adopts New IP Regulations