Georgia accedes to the Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants
By acceding to the Convention, Georgia becomes a member of the Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants (UPOV), effective November 29, 2008.
The Union provides an efficient system of plant variety protection as an intellectual property right, with the aim of encouraging the development of new varieties for the benefit of society.
For more information, contact Judith Goeke in our Balkan Regional Office.
December 2008 News
- New Turkmenistan law on patents and industrial designs
- Georgia accedes to the Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants
- Bosnia-Herzegovina accedes to three international IP treaties
- Effective January 1, 2009, Croatia simplifies procedures for renewals of the customs watch application
- New regulations and official fees for patent annuities in Uzbekistan