Effective January 1, 2009, Croatia simplifies procedures for renewals of the customs watch application
Croatia customs is simplifying the process for renewing a customs watch application.
For customs watch applications filed and granted after January 1, 2009, the IPR holder or his legal representative can apply for the renewal of the watch every year thereafter, indefinitely, without having to file a new application. The renewal request must be made in writing each year before the expiration date of the original granted application.
This change only applies to applications made after January 1, 2009. Existing rights holders should wait for the termination of their current granted term, and then file a new application to take advantage of the simplified renewal procedures.
For more information, please contact Anamarija Stancic Petrovic at our Croatia Office.
December 2008 News
- New Turkmenistan law on patents and industrial designs
- Georgia accedes to the Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants
- Bosnia-Herzegovina accedes to three international IP treaties
- Effective January 1, 2009, Croatia simplifies procedures for renewals of the customs watch application
- New regulations and official fees for patent annuities in Uzbekistan