Fake Apparel, Footwear, Accessories Destroyed in Montenegro
On July 4, 2022, PETOŠEVIĆ Montenegro representatives and local customs authorities witnessed the destruction of nearly 7,200 items found to infringe the Nike®, Dsquared2®, USPA®, Under Armour®, Converse® and Hermès® trademarks.
The goods, which were destroyed in the capital of Podgorica, included:
- 6,403 sportswear items, mostly tracksuits, leggings, sweatshirts, sneakers, socks, T-shirts, shorts and jerseys, infringing the Nike® trademark;
- 400 pairs of shorts infringing the USPA® trademark;
- 205 clothing items, including shorts and caps, infringing the Dsquared2® trademark;
- 68 clothing items, including tracksuits, leggings, sweatshirts, T-shirts, caps and vests, infringing the Under Armour® trademark;
- 45 items, including bags, wallets, belts and T-shirts, infringing the Hermès® trademark; and
- 52 pairs of sneakers infringing the Converse® trademark.
The destruction was carried out by a local company from Podgorica that undertakes the destruction in accordance with ecological and sanitary standards.
The counterfeits were seized during 2021 and 2022 at various customs terminals in Podgorica, Rožaje and Nikšić, and were intended for local companies.
You can see the photos from the destruction in our gallery.
By: Jelena Radević and Mladen Čolović
For more information, please contact Mladen Čolović at our Montenegro office.