EAPO Launches Pharmaceutical Register
On March 1, 2021, the Eurasian Patent Organization (EAPO) launched the EAPO Pharmaceutical Register, a free, open access database containing information on Eurasian patents related to active pharmaceutical ingredients that have been assigned International Nonproprietary Names (INNs).
The Register provides up-to-date information, in Russian, on the legal status of these patents, as well as information on patent term extensions, licensing agreements and medicinal products registered in the EAPO member states – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan.
The Pharmaceutical Register has been formed on the basis of the EAPO’s own sources of information, a number of external specialized databases, as well as information provided by the owners of Eurasian patents.
Patent holders may submit an application to include their patents in the Register. The application must relate to Eurasian patents covering pharmacologically active products (chemical compounds, including those described by the same structural formula, biotechnological products, compositions and combinations), production methods and medical uses of these products. The application should contain the following information:
- Eurasian patent number;
- Identification of claims relating to a pharmacologically active product;
- Information about relevant medicinal products registered in the EAPO member states;
- Country where the registration of the medicinal product was obtained;
- Trade name of the medicinal product;
- Number, date, validity period, and holder of the state registration of the medicinal product; and
- Additional materials helping to compare the patented substance with the INN specified in the application.
The EAPO’s initiative was enthusiastically supported by the Association of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers of the Eurasian Economic Union and the Association of International Pharmaceutical Manufacturers (AIPM). Experts believe that the Register will help simplify the process of registration of generic drugs, stimulate development in the pharmaceutical industry and have a positive impact on the investment climate in the EAEU countries.
Prepared by: Natalia Osipenko and Taras Manolov
Source: EAPO website
March 2021 News
- EAPO Launches Pharmaceutical Register
- Uzbekistan Introduces Measures to Improve IPR Protection System
- Russian Trademark and Design Filing Activity Grows in 2019
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Illegal Streaming Service
- Kazakh Officials Shut Down Production of Fake Spirits
- Hungarian Officials Detain Fake Electronic Devices
- Romanian Customs Detain Fake Perfumes, Headphones
- Serbian Customs Detain Fake Apparel
- Russia Introduces Measures against Discriminatory Internet Censorship
- Czech, Serbian and Slovak National Patent Data Added to PATENTSCOPE
- Hungarian Officials Detain Fake Sneakers
- Serbian Customs Detain Fake Accessories and Labels
- Belarusian Authorities Seize Six Tons of Counterfeit Butter