Romanian Customs Seize EUR 570,000 Worth of Fake Toys and Beauty Products
Romanian customs officials at the Border Customs Office of Constanta, the port city in eastern Romania, recently seized a considerable amount of goods believed to be counterfeit.
On October 29, 2019, the officials seized more than 9,000 beauty products, including makeup and perfume, believed to infringe the Avon®, Revlon®, Naked®, Kylie Cosmetics® and MAC® trademarks. The goods, which are estimated to be worth approximately EUR 465,000 (USD 512,000), originated in China and were intended for a Romanian company.
The following day, on October 30, 2019, the customs officials seized nearly 8,000 toys believed to infringe the Thomas & Friends®, My Little Pony®, Frozen®, Donald Duck®, Mickey Mouse®, Cars®, Spider-Man®, Ben 10®, Hello Kitty® and Ferrari® trademarks. The goods, which also originated in China, are estimated to be worth approximately EUR 106,000 (USD 117,000).
Prepared by: Bogdan Neagoe
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Romania Customs website
December 2019 News
- Bulgaria: New Law on Trademarks and GIs Brings Important Changes
- Ukraine: Changes Concerning Customs Enforcement of IP Rights
- Ukraine Amends GI Law
- UA-DRP Becomes Applicable to <.COM.UA> Domain Names
- Serbian IPO Reduces Filing Fees for Electronic Applications
- Moldovan Applicants Can Now File PCT Applications Online
- Hungarian Customs Seize EUR 364,000 Worth of Fake Accessories
- Serbia Introduces New Executive Order Regulating Patent Application Filing Process
- Ukraine Increases Cash Rebate to 25%, Limits It to Foreign Filmmakers
- Slovenian Court of Audit Reports on Patent Protection in Slovenia
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 570,000 Worth of Fake Toys and Beauty Products
- Hungarian Customs Seize Fake Car Parts and Devices with Unlicensed Software