Slovenia Drafts Amendments to Industrial Property Act
The Slovenian Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, in cooperation with the Slovenian Intellectual Property Office, prepared a draft Act amending the Industrial Property Act in order to transpose the provisions of the Directive (EU) 2015/2436 into national legislation.
The amendments relate to trademarks only and the most important include the following:
- The scope of absolute grounds for refusal has been expanded;
- Relative grounds have been supplemented, amended or defined in a more precise and clear manner;
- Non-use defense has been introduced in opposition proceedings and annulment and infringement actions.
The draft was available for public consultation from January 21 to February 20, 2019. The Association of the Slovenian Intellectual Property Attorneys provided the Ministry with comments and proposed amendments to the text. Once the Ministry prepares the final version of the proposed draft, it will enter the parliamentary procedure.
Prepared by: Barbara Mencin
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: eUprava Slovenian public portal for citizens
March 2019 News
- Ukraine Adopts UA-DRP, Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy Similar to UDRP
- EU Considers Draft Regulation in Support of EU-Based Generics and Biosimilars Producers
- Belarus Introduces Additional Patent Fee Payment Option
- North Macedonia’s IP Delegation Visits Brussels as Part of EU Screening
- Slovenian Customs Detained EUR 51.7 Million Worth of Counterfeits in 2018
- Ukrainian Parliament to Consider IP Legislation Amendments – Implications for Pharmaceutical Patents
- New Uzbekistan Resolution Aims to Strengthen Enforcement Efforts
- Belarus Will Not Consider Division or Merger Requests for International Trademark Registrations
- Hungary Amends Trademark Legislation, Transposes Directive (EU) 2015/2436
- Slovenia Drafts Amendments to Industrial Property Act
- New Trademark Law Enters into Force in Croatia
- Ukrainian Officials Seize Fake Aerosol Cans, Shut Down Fake Olive Oil Production
- Hungarian Customs Seize Fake Perfumes Worth Over EUR 340,000