Ukrainian IPO Shortens Deadline for Publishing Information on Pending Trademark Applications
On August 1, 2018, the Ukrainian IPO started publishing information on pending trademark applications in its online database immediately after sending a confirmation of the trademark application filing date to the applicant.
The information on pending applications is now published online within two months from the moment a trademark application is filed. Until recently, the IPO did not publish the information until at least six months after the filing.
Trademark owners are now able to monitor new applications soon after they are filed, ensuring timely enforcement of their prior rights.
Prepared by: Yulia Kropivka
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Ukrainian IPO website, European Business Association website
October 2018 News
- Ukraine Drafts Amendments to Patent, Utility Model, Design and Trademark Legislation
- Ukrainian IPO Shortens Deadline for Publishing Information on Pending Trademark Applications
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear, Perfume
- Hungarian Officials Seize Counterfeit Electronic Devices with Unlicensed Software
- Ukrainian Police Shut Down Fake Clothes Workshop, Seize Fake Apparel and Perfumes