19,000 Pairs of Fake FILA Slippers Destroyed in Serbia
On April 29 and May 5, a total of 18,959 pairs of counterfeit FILA slippers and beach shoes as well as 98 FILA sweatpants were destroyed in the city of Krusevac, southern Serbia, under the supervision of PETOŠEVIĆ Serbia representatives and the local customs authorities.
The Serbian customs authorities seized the fake FILA goods in four separate instances in 2006-2007. The goods were intended for importers from Serbia and Bosnia.
The customs authorities have recently started using a new machine for the destruction of counterfeit goods donated by the European Union. The machine is now in Krusevac at the customs premises and just across the public utility company for waste management and disposal.
This is one of the three machines for destroying counterfeits that the EU recently donated to Serbia. The machines work according to the highest European standards, in a way that is economically acceptable, and that, at the same time, does not threaten the environment.
Two machines, one located in the capital of Belgrade and the other in the town of Irig, northwestern Serbia, are under the supervision of the Market Inspectorate, while the third machine located in Krusevac is under the supervision of the Customs Administration. The capacities of these three machines are sufficient to cover the seizures performed by the Market Inspectorate and the customs authorities.
You can see the photos from the destruction in Krusevac in our gallery.
By: Ivan Matic
For more information, please contact Ivan Matic at our Serbia office.
May 2015 News
- Serbia, Macedonia, Bosnia Join TMclass
- Ukraine Considers Introducing Administrative Appeal against Industrial Designs and Utility Models
- Belarus Launches Cyrillic Domain .бел
- Lily Allen Song Basis of Copyright Infringement Battle in Ukraine
- 19,000 Pairs of Fake FILA Slippers Destroyed in Serbia
- Conference on Combating Counterfeiting and Piracy Held in Serbia
- Czech Customs Seize Counterfeits Worth EUR 400,000 From Illegal Workshop
- Kyrgyzstan Joins Eurasian Economic Union