PETOŠEVIĆ Co-Organizes INTA Policy Dialogue in Russia
The PETOŠEVIĆ office in Moscow, Russia, with the support of law firms Pepeliaev Group and CMS recently organized an INTA (International Trademark Association) policy dialogue on fighting online counterfeits in Russia.
The event took place in Moscow on September 8, 2017 and attracted around 40 people, mostly experienced practitioners from the local IP community.
The policy dialogue covered various issues related to the online distribution of counterfeit products in Russia, namely the role of local authorities and international organizations in combating online counterfeits, the ways to trace infringers, issues associated with securing evidence, and the tools and mechanisms available to the right holders for protecting their IP rights.
The speakers were Nikolay Miller, a notary public from Moscow; Dmitry Rusakov, head of brand protection at Group-IB, an international company dedicated to preventing and investigating high-tech crimes and online fraud; Alexander Levin, business development director at Brand Monitor, a Russian company dedicated to online brand protection; and Vladislav Eltovskiy, associate at CMS.
Yury Yahin, head of IP practice at Pepeliaev Group, moderated the discussion.
You can see the photos from the event in our gallery.
For more information, please contact Tatyana Kulikova at our Russia office.
October 2017 News
- EU Trademark Law Reform: Second Set of Changes Enters into Force
- Bulgarian Government Approves UPC Provisional Application Protocol
- New Official Fees in Russia from October 6
- Ukraine–EU Association Agreement Enters into Force
- Ukrainian Authorities Bust Steroid Counterfeiters
- Romanian Officials Seize EUR 42,000 Worth of Counterfeit Goods
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear
- Fake Apparel, Sneakers, Accessories Destroyed in Serbia